HOA Meeting Minutes

Annual Homeowner’s Meeting Minutes (Draft) – 4/5/18

Please note: These minutes have not yet been board-approved. They are a Draft. 

I. Call to order

·      President Cindey Huckabee called the meeting to order at 6:03pm.

·      In attendance – President Cindey Huckabee, Vice President Kristia Rumbley, Board Member Burke Wren, Beth Strickland, Beautification Committee Chairman Kaye Rickard, Pool Committee Chairman Krystal Garner.  Also present, were several homeowners.

 

II. President’s Report (Cindey Huckabee)        

·      Overview given of past year with Boothby and considered looking for new management company.  During discussion with other companies, Boothby was acquired by CMA out of Atlanta, GA. HOA working with CMA to see if any improvements can come.

·      Collections $50,000 less owed from last year to this year. CMA working hard to get things in order for Southern Trace.

·      Meeting set up with HOA Board and CMA in April.

·      Curb Maintenance and Repairs – need help from neighborhood to provide pictures and closest address to curbs needing repairs. Email to hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com.

·      Homes for sale – if you see a home for sale, provide realtor and address information to HOA at hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com and or Darlene Windhom with CMA.  We will ensure future buyers are informed of HOA information.

III. Treasurer’s Report (Burke Wren)        

·      Discussed we are in transition phase of financials from Boothby to CMA operating system. Reconciling budget with new management company.

·      Review quarterly financials.  Copy of Budget was provided in October 2017, and should become available on CMA for homeowners to view.

·      Discussed where use of special assessment funds were used in the neighborhood (fence, landscaping, build reserve, key cards)

IV. Manager’s Report (Darlene Windom)        

·      35 rentals on Clubhouse in 2017

·      Stop signs in neighborhood received some reimbursement from the developer.

·      Embassy Homes has agreed to host an event on Pool Open day for neighborhood.

 

V. Committee Reports                                                              

·      Clubhouse Committee

o   Sign-up sheet available for folks wanting to be on the ARC committee. You can also email hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com to request to join this committee.

·      Beautification Committee (Kaye Rickard)

o   Sign-up sheet available for folks wanting to be on the Beautification committee. You can also email hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com to request to join this committee.

o   Committee helps with landscape decisions as well as holiday decorating.

o   Slowly the fence on the Parkway around the pond will come down due to deteriorating fence. Due to growth of trees and landscaping, fence will not be replaced.  Will be considering removing both sides of the parkway.

·      Pool Committee (Krystal Garner)

o   Sign up to help maintain and check pool levels this summer. Contact her if you wish to help.

o   Clean up Day for pool deck, furniture set for May 5 and 6th.

o   Pool scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend, but weather permitting and water temps could allow us to open earlier in May. Be on the lookout.

·      Social media (Kristia Rumbley)

o   Handout of links regarding neighborhood and HOAprovided to homeowners. Noted that CMA and Facebook is not HOA run.

o   CMA (Community Management Associates) : cmacommunities.com.  Contact : Darlene Windom – 205-879-9500 or by email dwindom@cmacommunities.com

o   HOA Website : southerntraceleeds.com

o   HOA Email : hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com

o   Twitter : @SouthernTrHOA

o   Facebook : facebook.com/groups/612980875531584 and our buy/sell/trade page – facebook.com/groups/954716841205995

·      Welcome / Social Committee (Beverly Strickland)

o   Hosted first neighborhood Easter egg hunt, which was a success and looking to have more events.

o   Sign-up sheet available for folks wanting to be on the welcome / social committee. You can also email hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com to request to join this committee.

o   Scheduling social events (neighborhood yard sale, cook outs, food trucks, etc).

·      ARC Committee

o   Sign-up sheet available for folks wanting to be on the ARC committee. You can also email hoasoutherntrace@gmail.com to request to join this committee.

 

VI. New Questions/answers/request from homeowners                 

·      Deeds to common areas provided to board.  Map of neighborhood provided to show common areas, Power Company owed, and homeowner owned.

·      Parking violations / fines

o   Have not had drive throughs due to change in Management Company. Most recent took place.

o   New program that assist with marking location of violation and automatically processing letters.

o   Fines to be assessed in the future regarding parking violations.

o   If there is an error with reporting the wrong address, questions or concerns email Darlene Windom for clarifications.

·      Blue sales papers need to be picked up when possible. Leaving out could show signs to folks you are not at home.  If you wish to opt out of the paper, go to http://www.app.anscustomerservice.com/index.php

·      Speed bumps for neighborhood

o   Looking at some for ST Parkway.

·      Playground area

o   In the future if the neighborhood wishes to have one a vote would need to take place. Liability / insurance is extremely high and dues would likely increase to support having a playground.

·      Discussed more streetlights in neighborhood.  Any area you feel does not have proper lights installed, email Darlene Windom or HOA Board.

 

VII. Adjourn

·      Meeting adjourned at 7:28 pm.

 

 

 

 

Board Meeting Minutes, HOA Meeting Minutes

Annual Membership and Board Meeting Minutes (Draft) – 4/10/17

Please note: These minutes have not yet been board-approved. They are a Draft.

I. Call to order                                                                       

  • President Cindey Huckabee called the meeting to order at 6:04 PM.
  • In attendance – President Cindey Huckabee, Secretary Kenneth Byrd, Treasurer Burke Wren, Board Member Ray Evans, Beautification Committee Chair Kaye Rickard, committee member Stan Johnson and Boothby Representatives Darlene Windom.

II. Meeting Minutes Approval                                                     

  • Burke Wren made a Motion to approve the April Board Meeting Minutes. Ray Evans seconded the Motion. Motion was carried by unanimous vote.

III. Homeowner Input                                                              

  • Questions regarding the city inspector looking at the roads. The city will not be responsible until the city takes over the road.
  • Homeowner mentioned boulders were placed in the first 18 inches of the sub base for the roads in the front entrance. This means the issue of dipping will not be corrected until the base is corrected.

IV. President’s Report (Cindey Huckabee)

  • Roads will be paved when building out is complete, working with Kessler to get roads fixed in some spots.
  • No parking on the streets, no exception after dark. Cindey went over a quick run down on the process for compliance with parking.
  • Jefferson County does not permit parking on sidewalks.
  • Gym rules were discussed.
  • Pets are making too much noise. Please keep your neighbors in mind when your pets are barking.
  • The board has worked hard to repair the gazebo, thank you Ray and Kaye.

V. Treasurer’s Report (Burke Wren)                                                              

  • As of April 10, 2017, Southern Trace has a monthly operating income of $5,816.59 (HOA fees $3,516.19; Delinquent Fees $672.50; Clubhouse Rental fees $300; Special Assessment $1,303; Interest $1.28), and Operating Expenses of $ 16,874.74

VI. Manager’s Report (Elbert Boothby /Darlene Windom)                                            

  • Nothing to report

VII. Committee Reports                                                              

  • Clubhouse Committee (Kristia Rumbley)
    • Looking for volunteers.
  • Beautification Committee (Kaye Rickard)
    • New plants will be added to the front of the neighborhood in May.
  • Pool Committee (Cindey Huckabee)
    • The board is in search of pool committee members.
    • Pool open May 26th, from 8:00am to 8:00pm, volunteers are requested to get the pool ready to open.
  • Social media (Kristia Rumbley)
    • No updates to report

VIII. Update on Prior Business                                                     

  • Stop signs will be installed soon.

XI. New Business                                                              

  • Reviewing proposals for cleaning services.

X. Adjourn        

  • Meeting adjourned at (7:03 PM.)
  • Second meeting started (7:15)
  • Second meeting adjourned (7:42)