Please note: These minutes have not yet been board-approved. They are a Draft.
I. Call to Order
- President Cindey Huckabee called the meeting to order at 6:09pm.
- In attendance – President Cindey Huckabee, Vice President Kristia Rumbley, Board Member Ray Evans, Beautification Committee Chairman Kaye Rickard and Boothby Representatives Darlene Windom. Also present, were 8 homeowners.
II. Meeting Minutes Approval
- Kristia Rumbley made a motion to approve the April and May meeting minutes. Ray Evans seconded the motion. Motion was carried by unanimous vote.
III. Homeowner Input
- President Cindey Huckabee explained to residents in attendance about an owner owned HOA.
- Questions were asked and answered by board members regarding how documents and notes are kept.
- The retention pond issues on Southern Trace Drive were discussed.
- A resident suggested that all information that may be needed for new residents be placed on the website. It was also suggested that current residents could utilize this information for easy access. Vice President Kristia Rumbley addressed this as it has already been implemented. She agreed it was a good idea, however, to add local utilities and other resources for newcomers.
- A resident asked if the Board is attempting to collect past dues. President Cindey Huckabee assured him that dues were being addressed by a lawyer.
IV. President’s Report (Cindey Huckabee)
- There are some concerns regarding areas between homes not being maintained. Some of the issues are that homes back up to each other and residents do not realize that they should be moving those areas. Areas must be mowed up to the property line. This is not being done by some residents, leaving areas that are overgrown. Darlene will check into those addresses and let residents know that it is their responsibility to mow.
- A Town Hall meeting will be held in July. It will have an open forum. The date will be announced when it is decided. It will likely be on a Saturday so more residents can attend.
- All stop signs have been installed. There are some issues with some of them leaning. If a resident sees this, they should let the Board know.
V. Manager’s Report
- Nothing to report.
VI. Committee Reports
- Beautification Committee (Kaye Rickard) – Four Dynamite Red Crepe Myrtle trees were installed in the median at the entrance. There was some concern with leaving the living tree there. The Board is aware and has been given costs to take it down and plant another Crepe Myrtle tree in its place. At this time, we will wait and see.
- Welcome Committee – We do not have a committee yet, but President Cindey Huckabee expressed a desire to start one. If we can get some volunteers, this committee would let the Board know when a home goes up for sale, or when a home is sold. When the new resident(s) move(s) in, someone from the committee would visit them and give them a book with information about the neighborhood, our meetings, opportunities to serve, and whom to contact for utilities, etc. They could possibly bring a welcome cake or cookies. All cakes or cookies must be taste-tested and approved by Vice President Kristia Rumbley.
- Social Media (Kristia Rumbley) – The website is current, but new information will be added for new residents. The Facebook Group is not Board-affiliated.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:04pm.
- Executive session began at 7:06pm.
- Executive session adjourned at 7:27pm.